Monday, October 31, 2005

Confusing data

Today I imported what was supposed to be an AutoCAD file of topographic data collected from the Akapana site into Sketchup v5.0. Sketchup is a dumbed-down version of AutoCAD for architects to do quick mock-ups. It’s extremely useful if you want to work in 3D with little or no prior experience or if you want to quickly prototype a design. However, after the import, I had no idea what I was looking at, because in addition to the Akapana I was familiar with, I managed to find other structures in Tiwanaku in the file that I recognized yet that I did not previously think were associated with the Akapana. Luckily, I checked in with the professors, and it turns out that the file they uploaded was the wrong one. I was looking at the entire site of Tiwanaku at once. Awaiting the pared down file.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home