Sunday, November 13, 2005

Even more Sketchup

I’ve done some more work with Sketchup, and come to the conclusion that I really hate its “snap-to” feature. I can see how it’d be helpful for architects, but it really doesn’t make sense for working with archeological data. Some features of Sketchup are nice though. For example, I made some of my walls crash straight through parts of the excavated site. By turning on the "X-ray" view, everything becomes transparent and you can see the slight misalignment in the walls as my additions intersect parts of the original data. However, the misalignment is making continuing work very difficult. I think for the final project we’re going to have to create an idealized model of the Akapana rather than build on top of the topographical data.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home